Okay babe, now it's my turn to embarrass you a little bit! Happy birthday now that you're the big 32...Errrr 29! That's still close enough that people might believe you if you told them!
I'm sure you all know Elle is a supermom just like most moms are, but there's a few things that stand out to me that I hope you can appreciate. First, she's the smartest mom I've ever seen. Most mom's think they know all they need to about raising their kids and all that stuff, but Elle seems like she's studying to write her master's thesis! Now we've got the "Parents" magazine coming every month and all kinds of books that say how to "whisper" to your baby or maybe it was something like "your baby's just not that into you." I don't remember. It's not like I've ever read any of them. Why would I when I've got the walking encyclopedia of all that is "kid-dom" at my disposal for any questions or concerns. Second, she's like a gourmet chef all the time! I'm sure most of you have experienced the culinary delights that flow from the kitchen but seriously she is on the J.O.B. 24/7. Making sure I'm fed well, asking me if I want a snack, all that and it's yummy. If only my zeal for cleaning the kitchen could match her zeal for messing it up. :)
Third: We still have a lot of fun together. Even if we're just talking or playing with the kids or whatever, we're usually laughing.

And lastly: She is a such a caring person. She reaches out to everyone around her and buoys them up. Even me. When I'm working the "show" shift (read 7:00 am to 5:00 am, yes that's 22 hours) she always sends me texts with words of encouragement or makes me cookies or sends me pics of the kiddies. It's good to know she's always got my back and I'm sure some of you know she's got your back too. If Charlie could talk I'm sure he'd say the same thing. Xadi is pretty much a daddy's girl, but Charlie is all Momma's boy. They have a bond that is beyond words.
I love you babe. And it just doesn't seem like we've been on this road as long as we have. Maybe it's because I'm so excited for what's always around the next corner.
Love, Davi
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! Dave is so nice - you are one lucky girl!
Happy Birthday lady! You are exactly all that and more!
Wow! You guys should definitely win cutest couple awards! Happy belated birthday!!!!
Post a Comment