Thursday, May 5, 2011

My first BFF!

I came in to this world blessed to be next door neighbors with one of the most amazing girls the world has ever known! I came in to this world blessed to have a best friend born 5 months before me. I've always tried to live up to her greatness! I want to introduce you all to my first bff! This is Amy Wise...
(Isn't she beautiful? Sadly I can't find the originals to these but I made a book of my best friends and this was one of the proof sheets. I have the book and the originals somewhere safe- now if I only remembered where that was!)
34 years ago today there came in to this world one of those rare souls who add a spark to this world seldom seen. Since I can remember people have been drawn to Amy. She had always lead the crowd and stood on her own. I felt so cool in grade school cause everyone wanted to be her friend and she was my best friend. She never put her self above anyone and yet she always was.
Amy succeeded at everything she has set her mind to and has control over. As kids I always struggled in school and she the first one done, so she'd come over and help me. She wouldn't leave my side until I got it, sometimes missing recess.
While I learned to ride a bike she learned to ride a motorcycle! She would get off to help me when I'd fall, her bike would die and she'd struggle to get it going again to help me! When we were in fourth grade her family decided to move to California! We were both heartbroken and tried every way we could think of to sabotage the sell of her house. The poor realtor we'd push her scarf down into the cactus every-time she'd come over! Our grand plans failed and we were separated! I was so lonely without her! I loved the letters she sent and I'm sure failed to send half as many back! I still have them to this day!
I was lucky to see her when we went to California! I'm lucky to still have her as a friend! She continues to inspire me! She travels the world and takes the most amazing photographs! She has had a rough year but it didn't knock her down! She got back up and climbed a mountain! Literally she is always climbing them.
So to Amy I hope you had the most wonderful birthday! You continue to make me smile and laugh with your adventures! Thank you for teaching me never to give up, that I can do hard things, and always look on the sunny side of life! I love you! You continue to amaze me! Hope to see you soon when you visit.

No comments: