Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Davi






I can't believe what a wonderful year it has been! I'm so lucky to have this wonderful man in my life. A year ago while I was in NYC our friend Keith made an interesting observation about Davi. He was curious about Davi's friendships noting that he didn't seem to have many. I agreed that was true that his friendships grew mostly out of convenience (I.E. work, band, church). Over the year I've thought a lot about that, I asked him why? His response, "I barley have time to spent with our little family that I love, why would I want to go hang out with dudes I don't really know? I mean if they're going motorcycling than great I'll go cause I love that too, but just to hang out that doesn't interest me I'd rather hang out with you, my Xadi and Lil man." I certainly couldn't have known it at the time I fell in love with him, but this is one of the things I love most about him. He is a wonderful Father. At a time when so many men have so many other interests that they'd rather not hang out with their family my birthday boy loves to do just that! Can't you just see the love in his eyes? It makes my heart melt! 

Oh and he really likes fire too!
Happy Birthday Babe!

4 comments:

sweet caroline said...

Happy Birthday little brother! You are a great dad! Hope you realize how many people love and support you in your life. Have a great day! Love you lots!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, Dave! You have an amazing wife. That was such a cute tribute to you. Hope your day is FANTASTIC!!!!

Kathee said...

Happy Birthday Dave!! Don't make me dislodge that elbow again!!
Love,
your old sister.

Anonymous said...

Hey David - I have been meaning to do this all day! At least I didn't let the entire day get away from me. I hope you have had a GREAT day - Happy Birthday - you deserve the best. I love you and I miss you and I REALLY wish I was there to blow out the candles with you. Love - Kimmie